19 December 2011

All I Want: A Christmas Wish List



Listen to this song while reading this blog!


Okay, now, on to my semi-make believe Christmas list/gift guide...  I want to preface all this silly "stuff lust" by saying that the only thing I really want this Christmas is peace, love, faith and good health in the lives of my friends and family.  AND maybe some David Yurman jewelry.  Just kidding, of course!  Now on to the fun!!


1. & 2.  Books & Magazines  I don't care how many cool gadgets come out for digitally reading print, nothing can duplicate the feeling of sitting down with a book at my fingertips.  I love to smell the book, touch the pictures and hold it up to my nose so I can see all the little details.  My magazine collection is ever growing  and I cherish it like I did our Encyclopedias as a child.  A few books and magazines I'm currently eyeing are: 
    1. A Perfectly Kept House is the Sign of a Misspent Life by Mary Randolph Carter
    2. Flea Market Style by Emily Chalmers and  Debi Treloar
    3. Chairs by Judith Miller
    4. Canadian House and Home magazine
    5. real living magazine
3.  kate spade Cocktail Rings  There are zero kate spade items that I wouldn't sport, but I particularly love their jewelry and accessories.  The jewelry is fun and costume-y and very affordable.  These make great gifts for the fashionista on your list.  The two I've shown here are the Curled Ribbon and the Bow Ring.  

4.  Graphic Word Art  If you ask me, 2011 was the year of the graphic artist.  Word art is at it's best and so easy to find thanks to sites like Etsy.com.  The best thing about giving word art as a gift is that it's less taste specific than fine art.  If you find a phrase that's relevant or inspiring to the recipient, most likely, they will like it, even if only because it's quirky.  The "EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON" poster is one of my favorites.  Find it here.

5.  Socks  I honestly think there is a sock curse in my family.  As my husband says, "You have tons of socks, just no matches."  Story of my life.  My middle drawer is a treasure trove of stag sock singles, waiting and hoping for their mate to show up one day.  And it's not just me.  My mom kept a basket of loner socks for years.  Now that's optimism.  But really, it's puzzling.  I mean, where do those other socks go?!  So, this Christmas, I have decided to put socks on my list.  Seriously.  I need socks and these little cuties from Madewell are a favorite.

6.  Original Art by Michelle Armas  If you do not know of Michelle Armas, please educate yourself here. I am obsessed and so inspired by her work.  It is fresh and happy and beautiful and I love it.  Her artwork has been on my list since last year, but I'm holding out and saving up for a large commission.




When Louis stops, play some Harry.


7.  Dolce & Gabbana's Miss Sicily Satchel  Che Bella!  It really is a thing of beauty.  Really.  I'm saving up for this one too (in black crochet as shown).  I'm only $1,594.54 away!  So close I can taste it.

8.  Vintage Carved Wood Chiviari Chairs  I first spotted one of these at the All Local Farmer's Market at 701 Whaley where they have a long Tuscan style table for diners and some of these chairs scattered about.  Unfortunately, I have had no luck finding them.  The one pictured is from 1stdibs.com and is WAY out of my price range.  If anyone has any ideas where I could buy a set of these, PLEASE let me know.

9.  Kees Salentijn Screenprint  My favorite local gallery has an exceptional collection of work from this Dutch born artist.  I see a Salentijn in my near future.  For sure.

10.  Logo Design by Emma Robertson  This graphic designer slash knitter is the best there is as far as I'm concerned.  I dream of her designing a logo, business cards, etc. for my business whim.  Check out her inspiring blog here.

What is on your Christmas list this year??  Please do share.  

And, just in case I don't return again for a while, Happy Holidays.  

No comments:

Post a Comment