10 April 2012

My Second Wedding

No! I did not get remarried!  Don't be silly.  However, I did have the fabulous opportunity of being part of another couple's special day and I am hooked- I hope I have a third, fourth and fifth wedding because it was so fun and inspiring!!  I know I mentioned this last month, but it has taken me WEEKS to get my shenanigans together to blog this beautiful day. 

It all started when Summer Adams (the bride) contacted my friend and talented photographer Ashley Brokop.  Ashley promptly signed on to photograph Summer's special day and contacted me almost immediately to tell me about Summer and Joseph's unique plans.  Soon after, Summer and I started emailing back and forth and formulating decor for the March 2nd nuptials.  It was so much fun for me to wade in the wedding pool for those weeks, discovering all sorts of inspiring things and people.  Summer was kind enough to take a chance on a little known and up and coming (wink) wedding stylist (me!) and I am so grateful that she let me be a part of such a special day. 

So, on March 2nd, I packed my car full of beautiful props I had carefully chosen and created and headed to Dillon, SC.  Summer and Joseph eloped at Paiges Millpond on that beautiful March afternoon in such a picturesque setting. 

A special thanks to Summer and Joseph and, of course, Ashley Brokop.









All styling by yours truly with the stunning photographs by Ashley Brokop.

I created Summer's bouquet from dried cotton bulbs, dried lavender and dried yarrow.  She purchased her veil from Mignonne Handmade.   Joseph and Easton's boutonnieres are from The Sunflower Stand.  The chalkboard sign I created for Summer was made from a piece of wood purchased at Home Depot, painted with chalkboard paint.  I drew the font and accoutrements by hand with chalk.  Suitcase and lanterns are vintage and sheepskin from IKEA.  Bowl holding rings from Anthropologie.  (If I forgot to mention anything, please leave a comment and I will get back to you ASAP regarding resources) 

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous photos...you did a great job with the styling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thanks for reading!!
      I am preparing an upcoming blog on South Carolina artists, designers, artisans, etc. and I am having some trouble finding the kind of artists and creators and I am looking for. I have a few (you included!!) but would like a couple more. Any thoughts???

      Delete