22 January 2012

Miss Progress Gets Progressive

I am of course referring to my mama's kitchen, which I have unofficially named "Progress".  I am pleased as punch to report that Miss Progress has undergone some exciting transformations since last we saw her.  She isn't quite complete, but really, who is?  She'll probably be done just in time for a year to have passed since we embarked on this adventure.  Patience and progress.  
Here's the proof. But first, let's recall the before...







And now, I present Miss Progress....



















Since my last update, [almost] all of the overhead lighting has been installed and the beautiful back splash tile has been completed.  The light over the sink is from Rejuvenations.com and the overhead lights I purchased at Lowe's.  The glass lamp on the counter is from Target and was formerly on the stainless steel work table/desk, but I shifted some things around before I took pictures and liked it better near the sink.  The improvised desk light was less than $10 at the hardware store.  I found it in another room and decided to give it a try, just for shits.  Turned out kind of cute- I don't know if it's permanent, but I rather like it.

Miss Progress has come a long way and my client is very happy with the results, but there is still some work to do.  Namely, the crown molding needs to be put up, the flooring installed (although I am not offended by the current floor), plug covers attached, window treatments finished and other stylistic details completed.  A bit daunting considering all we've already done, but progress keeps us wanting more and anxiously anticipating the finished product.

2 comments:

  1. Miss Progress is divine! I love the soft colored cabinetry and the creamy whites-- so pretty. I know you're anxious to get the crown molding and new floor. I have the same floor and have never been fond of the look (except on the diagonal.) Anyway, I can't wait to see what's to come. I wish American flooring included herringbone patterned hardwood. I've had wood floors in my kitchen and it's such a soft pad beneath your feet. Anyway, your mom must be thrilled! This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete