14 May 2012

Rooms for a Rainy Day

The rain is back again for a second go.  It rained yesterday, which was great for doing a lot of nothing, but today is Monday and I need sunshine to get me motivated.  I need to start the week with a brisk walk and a blue sky.  So, instead, here I am with the windows open, listening to the rain come down and to this song:




It's a good one for rainy days.  Have a listen. 

Days like today make me want to lounge around and read library books.  Days like today are thinking days.  Days for reflection.  When life gets to moving very quickly, I need a day like today.  Which reminds me.  It was one year ago on this day that my husband and I were married.  I'm not being cynical when I say that it feels like it's been so much longer than a year.  So much has happened in those 12 short months and I am in such a different place than I was on May 14, 2011.  I can honestly say that I feel gratitude every day for my life and for the person I've chosen to share it with. 

But enough of my introspective ramblings.  Let's talk decor!  In this industry, it's easy to become bombarded with and completely lost in stunningly uncomfortable spaces.  There is definitely a time and a place for a room so beautiful that you don't even want to enter it (I guess?), but I want it all!  I want comfortable and fabulous, especially on damp and dark days.  So on this rainy day, we celebrate inviting and cozy spaces where I would be glad to stop and stay a while.

via domino magazine

via House Beautiful

via House Beautiful

via Lonny Magazine

via Lonny Magazine

via House Beautiful

via Lonny Magazine

via Lonny Magazine


1 comment:

  1. I would love to curl up in anyone of those rooms. I particularly love the first image - ashley whitaker for domino! Do you have any idea the source of the wallpaper? I love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete