10 December 2012

Tidings of Fearless and Bold

The December Lonny is live and I am particularly loving the home of Michel Van Devender of Lisa Sherry Interieurs.  It is a beautifully curated collection of wonderful objets all placed against bold backdrops.

Lately, I've been testing a theory that says you can get away with more mixing/patterns/eccentricities in decor when you have something bold on the walls.  This space makes a damn good case for that theory.  But don't be fooled.  This in no way means that any old Joe can paint the walls a whacky color and let the mixing begin.  Oh no no no.  The more I learn about this career that I have chosen, the more I realize how difficult it is to make a home look as effortlessly mixed as this one.  The line between a beautifully curated melange and a total mess is extremely thin.  So, please.  Proceed with caution.











All images via Lonny

No comments:

Post a Comment